Friday, February 10, 2012

Gospel Choir

Sirpa convinced me go and try out the gospel choir. I wasn't all to convinced gospel was my thing but what the heck, it was acctually quite fun and we didn't go all too religious. It's a bit of a glee-feeling acctually so that's fun.
I haven't either sang in a choir since high school times so it was fun. Apperently the choir will have a concert on 19th February, iiinteresting. Luckily the whole thing does not depend on mine and Sirpa's performance as there is a hole lot of singers who've apparently sang for some years already.

Here is the church we are rehearsing in:



It is just beside the cathedral of Uppsala and also quite pretty inside but much smaller.

I couldn't share the youtube video's of the songs we've sang but here are the links if you want to listen.

I didn't know this was Beatles, neither had I heard it before:


The Beatles-Because 

This one we will sing next time if I understood correctly, can't wait as I'm a big Hairspray fan :-)

You can't stop the beat-from Hairspray 

Nice one:

Brighter day-Kirk Franklin 

and the last one is the most typical gospel song:


Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir- Hallelujha to the king





No comments:

Post a Comment