Sunday, April 17, 2011

Retrieving

This weekend we spent at the kennel doing retrieving training. It went quite ok with Faro we were just in the beginner's group so we didn't do anything super difficult, the most challenging is the fine line between making him excited but not too excited because then he will consider it only play and doesn't bring the dummy back to you. I was a bit disappointed we didn't train Faro with real birds during the weekend but we got a crow from them that is now in our freezer. During Easter we try that at the country side.

Yesterday I was training Faro but today Stefan trained him and I assisted another group training with crows. It wad quite interesting to follow the dogs working. I would have loved to see what Faro would have done in that situation.

I tried to take some pics of the dogs in our group but it was not that easy. Spot the dog:






Anyway Faro has worked well and deserved some ice cream afterwards.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment