Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Esperanza

Last week I heard by mistake that Esperanza Spalding will be in Helsinki and I said "oh, I would like to go" so Stefan ,as the real gentleman he is, bought me tickets :-)

So we headed to the new Jazzbar in Helsinki called Birdland. She was there with her band Elm trio. They were really good, even though I think that Stefan thought it was a bit too Jazzy. It was true that they were much more Jazzy than only Esperenza by herself as I was used to hear her. But I did enjoy hearing them and it is amazing seeing the musicians play. The things she does with her voice is impressive and it's even more impressive to see that she is playing the bass at the same time and still manages to keep the voice so clear. In the end we did not stay the whole gig though. Not because we didn't want but we were quite tired and had to work today. Perhaps next time she is in Finland we can see her again :-)

This is the song I fell in love with maybe a year ago.



If you want to hear her newer sound check out her myspace page:

http://www.myspace.com/esperanzaspalding

No comments:

Post a Comment