Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Tip for itchy mosquito bites!

At the moment I am so fed up with mosquitoes, I think I swallowed one during my run yesterday :-O

I read this blogg about tips on how to keep mosquitoes away and how to treat mosquitobites in an ecological way.

So far I have only tried one of the tips, which is putting honey on an itchy mosquito bite and was I surprised when it worked better than any cream I ever used from the pharmacy! ( The pharmacy ones makes the bites only more itchy if anything). I used a honey with some eucalyptus in it that is supposed to be good for a flu as well. It is a bit sticky though so a band aid on top is a good idea.

Have any of you tried any homemade tricks? How did it go?

2 comments:

  1. I Thailand sa de att man skulle sätta tigerbalsam på betten så slutar det klia. Jag tycker det funkar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jag har en dålig erfarenhet av att sätta tigerbalsam på bett efter att jag blev biten av bedbugs i Australien, men det kan nog hände det fungerar om man inte är biten all over och sedan badar i saltvatten.:_D haha! Men tror inte jag klarar av att prova det igen, fick sedan en spruta som gjorde att det slutade klia och tog ned svullnaderna.

    ReplyDelete