Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Frustration!

Looks like we are in for some bittersweet bureaucracy war.

Seems it's impossible to do anything in this country unless you have the personal number, which means you are registered here.

I had even thought about this in advance and when we were moving stuff in July I went to register myself. They called me though a day after to tell me that if the moving date is in August I cannot register myself until the same week. Which means that now that we wanna sign up for phones and internet etc. it doesn't work. Holy Moses, if I would have known I would have changed the date on the form!

*sigh*

Sweden vs Catta 1-0

5 comments:

  1. Jess tyvärr är det så. Man måste ha en adress först innan man kan få sitt personnummer. Jag har nu bott 3år i sverige och har nu via jobbet fått id-kort med svenskt pers.nummer. Det är inte så lätt alls att flytta till detta land. Hoppas det löser sig så småningom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. grejen var den att vi ju hade en adress men vi inte ännu officiellt flyttat så gick det inte :-/ Men intressant att veta att man kan hyra en bostad utan att behöva registrera sig :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jag har alltid fått säga att jag har svensktnummer men enbart finskt pass och det har funkkat överallt, men krånligt har det varit.

    ReplyDelete