Monday, May 16, 2011

Weekend Wins and Losses

As blogger has had some problems I haven't been able to upload anything for some time so let's hope it works now :-)

Eurovision came and went- Finland's nor Spain's points are really worth mentioning, so everything is normal on that front. I am personally a bit disappointed that such a boring ballad won. From the top three I would have preferred Italy's song that was second.

My personal favorite was surprisingly Serbia's song even if I don't understand what they sing-but it was catchy.



Another exciting happening on the weekend was the Ice Hockey World Championship finals. Finland won Russia in semi finals and then Sweden in the finals. Not bad at all! I guess, like Stefan said it was time to break our bad luck in hockey...this hasn't happened since 1995-so imagine the national party as the match finished 1-6. Although somehow it feels like Sweden was too crushed to even play properly in the end. So it wasn't that funny to watch the two last goals-it was just too easy.



Something that is nice to watch though is the opening goal Finland made in the match against Russia.




As for us we played some Finish baseball on the weekend and ou my it was fun! I forgot to bring both my phone and camera so unfortunately I have no pics. It's been aaages since I played Finnish baseball last time but we had a blast, Stefan got the hang of it pretty fast and 2 and a half hour went super quick in nice company. Let's hope we have the opportunity to play soon again:-)

2 comments: