Thursday, February 18, 2010

On time and out of time

Pheeew, I'm lucky Stefan is not a typical stereotypical Spanish in the sense that he likes to be on time.

Nevertheless sometimes I have to cope people that are not on time. Nowadays I'm pretty used to waiting for some time for some friends and even expect it and it is not so bad. I can even do one hour of waiting without getting stressed if we are at home.

However today I met an extreme case, the time of arrival was set at "around 18", which was fine for me and I naturally thought that that is sometime after 18 maybe even closer to seven. But after finishing making the food, and the table ready and playing singstar and watching a TV program and starving we decided that it was time for filling at least our tummies. In the end the couple arrived almost 3 hours late and they had to leave pretty fast to make it to the next place. At that point my openmindnessness for this other culture is difficult to dig after and my politnessness is reaching limits :-P

Well it's all a good experience I guess.


On another subject: Finland won their first medal (silver) in the Olympic games today, in snowboarding.

I would love to see the figure skating of the women, I think it is next week but unfortunelty in the middle of the night. The Finnish girls are really good and Kiira is so gracious abd beautiful:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment